Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamagrou
Trial

re: App: Tamagrou (the real on this time!)

Name : Tamagrou

Game : World of Warcraft

Server : EU - English - Silvermoon

Level : 120

Faction : Alliance

Race : Human

Class : Paladin

Spec 1 : Prot

Spec 2 : Prot

WoW Armory

WoW Heroes

What class/spec are you interested in playing with us? Is offspec an option sometimes?

I play protection paladin. I’m mainly a tank player and I like the gameplay, mindset and esthetic of protection paladin.

I’m interested in testing holy for the plate wearing / battle healer / ActaAleaEst fantasy but realistically I’ll play palprot in demanding content.

Tell us about yourself (e.g. where you live, age, job, hobbies etc):

My name is David, I leave in Paris, France. I’m 33 years old and I’m working as a change manager for an IT consulting group.

My hobbies are gaming, watching other people play video games, practicing powerlifting and general weightlifting even tho Covid really slowed things down this year and food. Making it, eating it, ordering it. Mainly eating it, let’s be real!

As a former rugby player (front row, tight-head prop) I really have the team spirit, behind and acting within a group focused to go forward as a unit. You could say that I look like my role a tank xD (I admit that today I’m more pandaren brewmaster than Lightforged pala but still none of that female gnome mage!)

I’m a generally fun guy that can go deep in some topic when they grab my interest. Like real deep, ask my girlfriend xD

Optional: Do you know anyone in the guild?:

Yes, Xaintailles

How did you hear about us?:

Through Xaint. He kept talking about the chill yet efficient guild he joined. How the schedule is real nice for older gamers with jobs and others pesky “responsibilities” or whatever xD

I’ve known him for 10 years, met through WoW, played together, stayed in touch when we stopped. I feel like we have the same mindset and looking for the same things in the people and guild with want to play with.

If he is happy in AnV there are all the chances that I would be :-D

How long have you been playing WoW and have you taken any breaks from WoW? (if so, why?):

I’ve played 10 years ago on the same private server as Xaintailles, that’s where I met him (and my girlfriend Yeah \o/)

Left after 4-5 years since been maxed out BiS and bashing Arthas 10xevery night with no difficulties in 25HM was getting stale. I also wasn’t in a good place personally and mentally.

Played a bunch of games since, mostly solo content, card games, “slow strategy” games like turn base or tower defense…

Felt like the team aspect of an MMO was missing.

Came back mid BFA, felt lost, didn’t really adhere to the list of chores you HAD to do. Never got to do more than Batlle for dazar alor LFR et low LOW M+.

When Xaint told us he was playing again and the game was looking to be fun we came back.

What I saw and learnt gave me a positive vibe for launch. The dungeons and gameplay of ProtPal really clicked and I’m hungry for more! Real raiding, M+…

What previous guilds have you been in and why did you leave?:

The guilds where on the private French Wotlk server so I would be surprise if these means anything to you but “Is a Pancake” as raid leader and officer, then No Friend.

I’ve only left one guild, Is a Pancake. The guild was a fun casual all welcome in guild with a core of 10-15 player that wanted this spirit with a “progression” ambition also. I became apparent that the majority was NOT interested in focus and trying harder. A guild within the guild formed with the group doing 10-man content but it was not possible to have 2 guilds and 2 leadership in a same tag. So The guild decided to stop any kind of progression content.

That’s when I and a couple of others left. Leaving alts behind and still enjoying playing with the pancakes on the occasion.

We raid 22:00 – 00:00 Monday/Wednesday/Thursday. Can you make those times?:

Yup!

What previous raid exp do you have? (Please only include content that was done while it was current) If that experience was on a different character, include the character's name and realm:

Bear in mind my previous exp was on a private serv lock in 3.3.5. The content was current with a few bugs that don’t always help the players. The tactics and mechanics where close enough to retail. The serv had no instance lock/id. Meaning that you could spam raids as much as you want but if you wanted to clean ICC you would have to do it in one sitting.

That both accelerated greatly the gearing process but imposed to be perfect on the first boss to be able to try the ones latter in a raid. If you want to progress on LK you had, every raid night, to start at Lord Marrowgar.

I’ve cleaned trial of the argent crusader a bit behind of current even for the serv. I’ve cleaned ICC when it was current. We were the first to kill LK 10 on the server, didn’t had the team for a competitive 25 roster.

Then we cleaned it again, and again, and again…

Like I said before, what I really take from this exp is to perfect a boss, how to make little to no mistake and how to optimize it, taking chances, cutting corners because we HAD to if we wanted to progress.

All content was run with my pal,, both prot and ret and as a Disc priest. Tried ranged dps but never got the taste.

What was your favourite WoW boss and why?:

Blood-Queen Lana'thel.

I was raid leader and the team was not the most focused and disciplined one, prone to distraction and missing mechanics. The encounter wasn’t that hard but mechanics heavy. I had to call out EVERYTHING during the fight. While executing mechanics. The rush when we finally downed the boss and the pride of the team to achieve what few had achieve in the serv at the time stay with me.

To this day my girlfriend often bring this encounter up ^^

What do you expect from raiding with us?

I’m here to play and have fun. I’m a raid player. It’s the environment in witch I have the most fun and it look like your mindset match mine. Chill, at our own pace but focused progress while having fun and a good laught!

I am not good with people in general so I don’t PUG and rarely reach out. If I want to have fun I need a team and it is what I expect to find. A team in to achieve, together, our virtual goals while having a good life/game balance and always in good spirit.  I hope to find a digital home here!

How do you feel about our approach to BoEs? (you have read the rules, right?):

It is one way to balance what the guild offer and the costs. Is it the only, best, worse way? I don’t know and don’t really care. I’m of the opinion that a raid team, especially in progression / not farm setting, is one entity. So if a BoE drop and the best thing for the group is to sell it or pass it to some team member go for it. If I drop a piece of gear                 and its better for the team to give it to someone else it’s the same.

Optional bonus: Would you like to show us your UI? (paste a postimage.org link):

https://postimg.cc/SjGh18Zg

It’s the basic Naowh UI (yeah amazon prime!) with Healbot as raidframes. I’m used to provide my utility via Healbot.

Optional bonus: Can you link some recent logs?:

I don’t have any logs. Can set it up if need be

We use Discord during raids. Do you have a microphone and are you comfortable using it?:

Yes and Yes. Will you be comfortable with my typical French accent and bad humor?

What is the best video game of all time? Not including WoW:

I don’t know if it’s the best but it is the one that got me into gaming and the one I keep getting interested in: Starcraft. All of them. Mainly the campaign and the lore, the universe…

In term of playing the game I am/was an avid card game player and I recently was really surprised by Legend of Runeterra for its balance and depth of strategies. Especially how they managed the crucial and hard to address resource aspect of a card game.

I used to play L5R competitively. If that rings a bell to anyone lets share found memories. If not you missed the boat :’( My pseudo come from a play around Tamago.

Describe the role of your main spec in a raid. (Please don't simply say Tanking, Healing or Dpsing):

As a tank my roles are:

<!-- [if !supportLists]-->-          <!--[endif]-->Surviving

<!-- [if !supportLists]-->-          <!--[endif]-->Keeping the raid team alive

<!-- [if !supportLists]-->-          <!--[endif]-->Alloying the dps to have the highest amount of output through clever and timely movement and position

As a paladin:

<!-- [if !supportLists]-->-          <!--[endif]-->Surviving

<!-- [if !supportLists]-->-          <!--[endif]-->Providing superb utilities to the group with blessings, cleansing and spot healing

<!-- [if !supportLists]-->-          <!--[endif]-->Cheese some mechanics with immunities and multiple interrupts (base kit + kyrian + possibility of blinding light talent) If need be I can say no to one or two mobs

If you could change one thing in Wow, what would it be and why?:

The return of masterloot. Limit it to groups that are 100% guild if need be. I touched on this earlier but a raid/guild team is a unit and what come out of the unit effort should be put to the unit benefit.

Also, and it is what pushed me away in BFA but doesn’t look so bad in SL: Required content. Daily/weekly grind that you HAVE to do even if you don’t like it in order to do what you like.

Thanks blizzard but I already have a job.

Optional: Where do you get information about your class theorycrafting from?:

I used to be hardcore theorycrafting looking into logs, wow databases, elitistjerk forums and whatnot. Today I source my information from class discord and the links they provide. Some random youtube videos that pop on my feed to have a general sense of whats happening.

Optional: please leave your battletag in case one of the officers need to speak with you regarding the app.:

Tamagrou#2469

Do you have any other applications pending?:

No – Im curently in a guild with my girldirend and my numerous reroll that are nothing but profession sticks.

One final note on the raiding/content part :

Even if my goal is to raid in a chill and competent team I know raid time is right around the corner. I don’t expect you to get me in trials and watnot super quick. I also know that I’m a returning player that would need time to get comfortable again and gitgud. What I offer is to be there, an extra tank ready to help, sub in and run all type of content in support of the raid team (splits / armor stacked M+ / Alt runs / …) .

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum